Office Art Collaboration with Rethink
By Amy Wright | Nov 7, 2019
Art speaks volumes about your company, which is why we were so happy to partner with Rethink for our Office Art project because they speak out for women in our community. Rethink is a Canadian charity whose mission is to empower young people worldwide who are concerned about and affected by breast cancer through innovative education, support and advocacy.
They’re thinking differently about breast cancer through bold, relevant awareness to the 40s and under crowd; fostering a new generation of young and influential breast cancer supporters, and infusing sass and style into the cause. So, it was only fitting to infuse this sass and style into their office as well with customized Canvaspop prints.
We interviewed Leanna Ruggiero, the designer at Rethink Breast Cancer, to hear first hand how she felt their personalized CanvasPop wall art influenced their workplace environment. Check out what she had to say.
1) Rethink really seems to care about creating an inspired workplace for its employees. What have you done and how do you cultivate a positive work culture and why do you think that it’s so important?
“We have done a few things to help foster a positive work culture at Rethink such as use inspiring décor elements to invoke a creative space that mirrors the work we do. We also have weekly work-from-home days and an open concept office that allows the team to collaborate openly and freely. Our office is also in a coworking building, which provides the team with a really great general space to do their work in.”
2) How do you think wall art and a well-designed office space impact your work environment?
“Working in an inspiring space helps keep the team inspired. I don’t think we would be half as creative in an all grey-space with bad carpets/lighting. Wall art that features real work we’ve commissioned and collaborated on is a great reminder of Rethink’s potential when it comes to being creative.”
3) How does the theme you chose for your Canvaspop office art represents Rethink? How do you serve and empower young women in your community?
“The theme is very much like what we put out on our social channels (@Rethink on Instagram). There’s some pink, of course, as well as a feminine touch to reflect the work we do to serve young women affected by and concerned about breast cancer.”
4) What feedback did you receive from employees regarding your current office space design and when they found out you would be adding more wall art to your space?
“They were very excited to have our very own mini gallery wall to complete the space and can’t wait for the big reveal!”
5) Would you recommend office art from Canvaspop to other companies? If so, why?
“Absolutely. Not only are we so grateful for the generous support of printing and creative design services, this has been a really collaborative and pleasant process.”
*See our Blog for more details and statistics.