In the beginning of summer we asked you what your favorite thing about summer was, and the poll’s results showed “Watermelon for Breakfast”!
With our overwhelming excitement for the results (and for watermelon) we decided to look into how beneficial eating the fruit in the AM actually is, and the results were VERY exciting!
1) Watermelon has 40% more lycopene by volume than tomatoes. Lycopene helps to reduce swelling in the prostate, as well as reduces the risk for cancer.
2) Watermelon is very high in Vitamin A, which helps improve eyesight, including the prevention of macular degeneration and night blindness.
3) Achieve that younger-looking skin with just 2-cups of watermelon daily.
4) Research showed that watermelon cuts the risk of sun related skin damage by 40% because it contains vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized.
5) Watermelon can help improve sleep. Eating a few slices of this fruit after dinner can extend the deep stages of sleep by 27%.
6) Watermelon can boost energy. A daily serving of watermelon has been shown to boost energy levels by up to 23%.
7) The citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in our fat cells.
8) Watermelon juice may relieve muscle soreness.
9) Watermelon can prevent heat stroke.
Watermelon Fact Credits: National Geographic | Organic Facts | Live Love Fruit
P.S. Watermelon pictures look GREAT blown up on Canvas!
Print your photos today